Shahi Paneer is something that we all love and it surely waters your mouth when you hear its name. Though Shahi Paneer is very tasty to eat but preparing the perfect Shahi paneer curry is not an easy task.
Basically it is a North Indian Dish made with Paneer (Cottage Cheese) and tomato gravy spiced up with Indian zings. It is a traditional Indian recipe that has been prepared since generations from the time of Moguls. The term Shahi is a Hindi word that means ‘Royal’ and the curry is really a royal delight for everyone who eats it. This Indian curry is rich in paneer and utilizes a blend of multiple Indian spices to give that tasty flavor to it. It is the gravy of Shahi Paneer that makes it finger licking good and it requires a lot of hard work and patience to create the perfect kind of gravy for your Shahi Paneer. So here is your guide to prepare the best Shahi paneer using hand ground Indian spices.
- Sliced Paneer – 500 grams
- Tomatoes – 5 (Medium Sized)
- Green Chillies – 2
- Ginger – 1 inch piece
- Jeera or Cumin – ½ small tsp
- Ghee or Oil – 2 tsp
- Haldi or Turemeric powder – ¼ small tsp
- Dhaniya or Coriander Powder – 1 small tsp
- Red Chilli or Lal Mirch Powder – ¼ small tsp
- Cashew s – 25-30
- Malai or Cream – 100 grams
- Table Salt – According to your taste
- Garam Masala Powder – ¼ small tsp
- Coriander leaves – 1 tsp
So these were the basic ingredients that you need to create your perfect Shahi paneer recipe.
- Now let us start our Shahi Paneer recipe by cutting tiny slices of paneer. Now what you need to do is take a non stick pan and put 1 table spoon oil in it.
- Fry the panner slices in the pan until they get a slight brownish color. Keep the paneer aside until further use.
- Next what you need do is soak the cashews in water for around 30 minutes. Cut the cashews in slices and make a paste by mixing it in your grinder. You have got your cashew paste now.
- Take some Tomatoes, ginger and green pepper and grind them in your grinder. Make a paste by grinding. Take out the paste and keep it in a separate bowl. Put the cream into the mixer and churn it for some time.
- Now put the ghee or butter in a pan and heat it for some time. Now put cumin seeds in the ghee. Add hand ground Turmeric powder and coriander powder; now roast the paste until the cumin seeds turn brown.
- When the cumin seeds turn brown add the tomato paste in the mixture. After roasting tomatoes, add the cashew paste and churned cream into the paste and mix it properly with the help of a spoon. Now fry the entire mixture for the last time.
- Fry until the oil floats on the paste visibly. Now you can add water to the paste if you want thin gravy or else let the oil vaporate. Mix the salt and hand ground lal mirch powder according to your taste.
- When the curry properly heats up add the slices of paneer and a pinch of Chakki Masala Shahi Paneer Masala in it and close the pan from the top. Let the entire mixture heat for about 3-4 minutes so as the paneer slices can absorb the taste and flavor of the curry.
Just a few moments later you will feel that magical aroma go through your nose and now your Shahi Paneer is ready.
Turn the gas off and sprinkle dhaniya leaves on the curry. Serve it hot with naan or rotis. Your Shahi Paneer is ready to go.